Terms & conditions for Bike Hire
1. I agree that I am solely and absolutely responsible for the care and safe keeping of all equipment hired from Kapiti Cycles ("the Equipment") for the duration of this agreement. If the Equipment is lost or damaged, (including without limitation, loss or damage arising from fire, accident, theft, collision, misuse or forfeiture), I agree to compensate Kapiti Cycles for the full cost of repairing such damage or replacing the Equipment, regardless of the cause of such loss or damage, including the negligence or otherwise of any other person, and including the costs of enforcing this release.
2. I accept cycling and associated activities have inherent risks, and can be dangerous. I understand that these risks include (but are not limited to): illness, navigational difficulties, rough riding conditions, poor weather, and collisions, all of which may occur in isolated areas. I agree to accept all risks, and will not hold Kapiti Cycles, or any of their employees or agents responsible or make any claim against them (including claims arising from negligence) for any direct or indirect injury or damage to myself or my property in the course of my use of the Equipment or my association with Kapiti Cycles or their employees or agents. I agree that any claim in respect of any damage and/or injury to other persons and/or property arising from my use of the Equipment is my/our responsibility and not the responsibility of Kapiti Cycles or their employees or agents and hereby indemnify Kapiti Cycles against any loss, damage or claim whatsoever arising against them as a result of my use of the Equipment.
3. I agree that itineraries provided to me/us (if any) are a guide only and that Kapiti Cycles is not responsible for any claims related to these itineraries.
4. I understand that Kapiti Cycles has the right to resell hires if I have not paid in full by the due date and that Kapiti Cycles has the right to refuse or continue any hire at anytime.
5. Kapiti Cycles regrets that no refund can be given under any circumstances once the tour period has commenced. However, where possible alternative arrangements will be negotiated and if there's a problem, we'll go out of our way to fix it.
6. I understand that New Zealand law requires the use of bicycle helmets and I agree to wear a cycle helmet at all times I am using the bicycle. I agree to use the Equipment in a lawful, safe and proper manner at all times and understand that my behaviour whilst undertaking the use of the hired Equipment affects the risks that I may be exposed to. I agree that Kapiti Cycles has no control over these risks.
7. I agree that the laws of New Zealand apply; that this contract is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts; and that this release is binding on my family, heirs and legal assigns and on my administrators and/or executors.
8. I accept that Kapiti Cycles is not responsible for damage, expense, inconvenience or injury related to schedule changes or events outside its control.
9. I am physically fit and there is no medical or other reason why I should not participate in the activity of cycling. In the event that I require medical treatment I agree that it is my responsibility to seek and obtain any necessary medical treatment, at my own expense and that Kapiti Cycles is in no way responsible for seeking, obtaining or meeting the cost of any medical treatment whatsoever.
10. I have read and understand these terms and conditions before signing. I agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Or, I am under 18 years of age I have a guarantor.
Booking confirmed on 30% deposit with total amount to be received prior to start date of the tour. Itinerary prepared and posted following receipt of deposit and signed copy of these terms and conditions. A refund of the deposit less 50% administration fee will be given if the participant gives at least 4 weeks notice of cancellation. Less than 4 weeks notice will not warrant a refund of deposit.
Our Insurance Kapiti Cycles Requires your credit card detail when hiring bike/s. (this is completed on this form, which we tear up after return of the bike in good condition).
Your booking is accepted on the basis that you acknowledge that you have read, understand and accept our terms and conditions.